As a leading manufacturer and distributor of sheds and shed materials, we are often asked the same questions by our clients time and again when they begin researching. Below are the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
What do I need to consider before requesting a quote and committing to buy?
There are ten things you should consider before buying a shed, all of which can have a bearing on your quote.
- Intended use of the shed: will it be for storage or a workshop? This can affect the council classification.
- Who will build the shed?
- When do you require the shed?
- Check for ShedSafe accreditation of the design
- Arrange for a site-specific design to incorporate the topography and specific requirements that can affect the strength of the design
- Choose a reputable designer and supplier, such as Newstyle Garages & Sheds
- Gather as much information as you can regarding building services, site preparation, council classification, financing and support
- Customise the design to your requirements so you have an accurate estimate of costs
- Obtain your quote
- Apply for council approval for your proposed shed or garage design.
What areas do you service?
Newstyle Garages & Sheds service Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Macksville, Dorrigo, Kungala, Urunga and Bowraville.
Are your products manufactured in Australia?
Yes. The majority of our steel and materials are manufactured right here in Australia.
Do you provide a building service?
Yes. We have our own contractors and sub-contractors who can carry out the building stage for you.
Do you have displays I can view?
We have a display building attached to our office, which allows you to see a finished product. Visit us at 308 Pacific Highway, Coffs Harbour South.
What additions are available?
Newstyle Garages & Sheds can customise your building with the following additions:
What council approvals are needed for building a shed on my block of land?
Council requirements can vary depending on the size and purpose of your shed. Newstyle Garages & Sheds can assist you with all of your council applications.